Who would have thought that my 40th (um, I mean 30th) birthday would be the best birthday ever!!! And it was in large part owed to my friends! Yes, Clint made it awesome as well, but he’s kind of obligated to make it awesome because I’m married to him and that’s just what you do. But these four girls had no obligation whatever. They didn’t have to do anything at all, but they made my birthday so darn incredible!
Our last trip together was on a four night Carnival cruise. We had an absolute blast, but this time we wanted to stay closer to home (and because everyone’s schedules are getting so busy). Alyssa couldn’t even make the trip . . . or did she (see below). 😉
We started our Girls Weekend Friday afternoon by driving towards our hotel, the Hyatt Lost Pines. No kids!! Whoa hoa! Along the way we stopped off at a nail salon and got pedicures and got caught up on our gossip magazines compliments of Nicole. Marie paid for my pedicure, which was so over-the-top sweet of her and wouldn’t take “no” for answer. After pedicures, we went next door to this kinda sketchy Mexican food/steak house restaurant (hey there’s not a lot of choices out there). We weren’t sure what to expect, but oh my gosh, the food was amazing! Those were some of the best enchiladas I’ve ever had. And I even ordered off the kid’s menu. Yep, for $3.99 I got an enchilada and rice & beans and it was amazing!!!
After dinner we snuck over to the hotel and convinced the attendants to let us valet park for free – both nights. Hey, it was FREEZING cold, there weren’t any other patrons in sight, and I had a “nice car.” When we got to our hotel room the realization hit that we were kid-free for two full days! Whoa hoa!! Here’s our funny outtakes picture by picture:
- I SO needed a pedicure and it’s even better when you get to have a pedicure with your best friends!!
- When we got back to our hotel room, they showered me with a ton of really cute birthday presents.
- My favorite present, of course, was my mermaid blanket!! I finally had my very own mermaid blanket! How did they know I love mermaids?!
- I also got a selfie stick, which of course we had to try out.
- The next morning after breakfast we ran into none other than an Alpaca. Yep, she was just roaming the halls greeting the guests. We named her Alyssa. 😉
- Then it was off to shopping with us. First stop Nordstrom. And I found the purse, yep “the purse,” the Kate Spade purse I knew I just had to have. But a cool picture will have to do for now. 😉
- Just hanging out outside the dressing room with nothing better to do than take a picture of ourselves!
- More pictures. Who doesn’t love a good photo?!
- Lunch at one of my favorite restaurants on the planet, Culinary Drop-out! It has such a fun vibe and has down right amazing food!!
- Brianna made me this birthday hat. We were hoping “the crown” would work help us find a parking, but apparently “Don’t you see the crown?” and my good looks didn’t get us any closer to parking. So we circled, and laughed, and circled some more! Finally we got lucky. Or maybe it was “the crown.”
- Marie cozying up to a mannequin. She must have missed Josh. 😉
- Marie and Jamie, two of the sweetest girls you’ll ever meet!
13. We went to Chez Zee for dinner. Chez Zee is the quintessential Austin find. I loved it! It’s this quirky little restaurant that took you back in time. It almost felt like Christmas. Inside was a piano player who filled the room with lively music. One of the walls wasn’t a wall at all, but hanging strands of white Christmas lights. Outside was an over-sized perfectly obnoxious chair that was meant just for me (or so I thought)!
14. Marie thought we needed birthday activities at dinner. My first challenge was to make a duck out of Play-Doh. By the end of dinner the little ducky kinda grew on me.
15. Before our trip, Jamie had a dream that we all went and got tattoos together. So Marie made it happen! Yes, Marie was responsible for much of the shenanigans this trip!
16. We did it! We got sleeves! Yep, we’re a bunch of Mormon rebels! 😉
17. Dinner was AMAZING!!! Nicole and I split an entree. I told her, “Order anything with chicken and I’m good.” Of course, we also had Hey Cupcakes for dessert.
18. Check out our sleeves. Don’t they look legit?!
19. One of my favorite things to do is roast marshmallows and make s’mores. And Saturday night that’s just what we did! Cupcakes AND s’mores, heck ya!
20. On Sunday morning we were greeted by a Longhorn. I hopped aboard and pretended to be a cowgirl, but he would’t budge.
21. We went for a freezing cold walk around the resort and along the Colorado River. I can only imagine how beautiful it’s all going to be by Spring and Summer. We all had an amazing time!! Best birthday ever!! Best friends ever!!